CPR classes online provide a number of different benefits. One of which is to deliberately save a life when a person experiences sudden heart ailments such as cardiac arrest or a heart attack. In fact, this heart ailment accounts for 31% of all deaths on a global level, making it the top cause of death in the world.
However, what is a heart attack?
This life-threatening condition occurs when the blood flow to the heart suddenly stops. It is mainly caused by the build-up of fatty elements, cholesterol, and other substances that could block the heart arteries, which in turn, will damage the heart muscles.
Mostly, a heart attack starts slowly with mild pain as opposed to a few cases where one is attacked suddenly. With these things to consider, here are the following symptoms that may show up if a person is experiencing a heart attack:
- Chest discomfort – Most heart attacks start as a painful feeling in the chest, most especially at the center of the chest. This may last for a short while or goes off then reoccur after a little while. One may experience pressure, squeezing, fullness, or pain.
- Shortness of breath – Sometimes a potential victim of a heart attack may experience struggle while breathing. One thing you should remember is that this may come with or without pain in the chest.
- Lack of comfort in the upper body – One symptom of a heart attack is pain and discomfort that can show up in either arms, stomach, back or neck of an individual.
- Nausea – Another signal that a heart attack is calling is the sudden feeling of nausea. When this happens, it should not be overlooked.
- Dizziness – This is another symptom of a heart attack. One should always be on a high alert when experiencing frequent dizziness.
- Fatigue – An extreme feeling of tiredness may come as a sign of a heart attack.
What should I do when a sudden heart attack occurs?
One of the things that you should remember when faced with an unforeseen heart attack situation is to be calm and call the medics immediately. However, in some situations, first aid techniques truly help a lot to save the person. If you have any knowledge or the skill to perform first aid techniques such as CPR, then it is best that you do it.
How can I be a certified CPR individual?
There are a number of ways in which you can get the right training about CPR. One of which is through the American Health Care Academy. American Health Care Academy is an institute of professionals that provides CPR training courses, CPR certification, AED, and First Aid techniques. This offers national certification to heart attack victims, caregivers, doctors, lifeguards, and the general public.
For you to be certified, it involves the following steps:
- Pass the course and study. This is an online course that takes 3-4 hours. While on this site, you are required to first create a username and password. There are a variety of courses that you can apply for – from CPR AED, First Aid, to Bloodborne Pathogen courses for health care and non-healthcare professionals.
- Pay for the course. Once the course is selected, you should now make an online payment for the course.
- Pass the test. After studying the materials provided, proceed to take the quiz. There is no limit as to how many times the test can be taken. Repeated tests can be taken until you pass the 75% mark. This doesn’t involve additional costs.
- Print your card. Once you have passed the test, you can now print the certification.
It is no great secret that a heart attack is truly a life-threatening issue nowadays. This is why getting the right training, skills, and certification from the experts will help you to handle abrupt heart attacks and other related heart disorders. What are you waiting for? Register today through the American Health Care Academy Login and get ready to be trained by professionals!