What are the things to consider when choosing a CPR training center?
- The center must provide a certificate regarding the completion of the courses.
- A specific training course must be offered.
- There should be a legal authority regarding the operation of the center.
- The instructors must have CPR certifications.
- The review from the previous student must be positive.
- The necessary tools for training must be provided.
Immediate administering of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) on a victim can increase his chances of surviving a sudden cardiac arrest. This aid manually ensures the continuous operation of the circulatory system.
As the cases of sudden cardiac arrest increase, acquiring the skills to administer CPR is becoming more and more relevant. AED and CPR training centers can provide the needed information and teach the needed skills to properly perform CPR.
Choosing a CPR training center is similar to choosing a school or college, there are various aspects to consider before enrolling. Here are some things to consider when picking a CPR training center.
Choose a training center that provides certification of the course completion
Other people take up first aid CPR training for employment purposes because several positions require CPR administering skills.
It is better to know early on if the center provides a certificate of completion, rather than completing the course and eventually finding out that there is no proof of course completion provided.
Inquire if the CPR training center offers the specific training that you are looking for
In terms of training for providing first-aid, especially for CPR training, there are various specifications to choose from since different people have varying conditions to consider. For further reference regarding the various training options, here are some common certifications offered:
1. Basic First Aid Certification
There are numerous health concerns that may suddenly occur. In case such situations might happen, administering basic first aid can heighten the chances of the victim surviving.
A basic first certification usually covers aid for situations like the following:
- Sudden complications in the respiratory system
- Steps to administer in case of a choking emergency
- Concerns regarding the cycle of the Nervous system
- Specific allergies that are suddenly triggered
- Emergencies regarding insect bites or stings
- Treatment of various wounds
- Situations concerning specific muscles, bones, and even joints
- Emergencies regarding the body’s response to cold or hot temperature
- Burns acquired on the different parts of the body
- Treatment of a poisoned person
The proper process for administering first aid is not the only lesson taught, but also the safety precautions to be observed.
2. CPR and AED Certification
A dominant cause of death that is wreaking havoc in the United States is Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA). In the event that a person suddenly undergoes a Sudden Cardia Arrest, immediate administration of a Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation increases the possibility of that person surviving.
The main goal of first aid CPR training is to teach people how to manually pump oxygenated blood from the heart to the brain and back to the heart again. Doing so will ensure the continuous operation of the circulatory and even respiratory systems. The circulation of the two systems can establish the condition of the victim until an emergency medical team arrives and deliver more extensive medical aid.
CPR training courses discuss the various ways to assess the situation of the victim. To further explain the process of performing CPR, the proper steps which are compression-airway-breathing are explained. For an easy recollection of the steps, students should remember the initials C-A-B.
Due to the varying conditions of each person, a modified version of CPR administration is also taught. These variations target victims that are merely infants and children.
A first aid CPR training is also relevant for choking victims since such an accident involves the respiratory system. Again, situations like choking may also happen to children and even to pregnant women, thus, a specialized method of administering aid for a choking victim for these special cases is also administered.
Learning the proper handling of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) is also taught in case it is needed and there is one available. This portable device assesses the rhythm of the heart and can deliver electric shocks directly to the heart. Doing so will reestablish the natural rhythm of the heart.
3. Healthcare Provider CPR Certification
In general, this course is similar to basic CPR training. The only difference between the courses is that AED administration training is that this certification trains for both in-hospital and out-of-hospital incidents.
A training center with legal authorization to operate
The CPR training center must be following the legal guidelines of associations that are focused on monitoring the condition of the country’s cardiac health. Ensuring the legality of the center ensures that the courses are teaching the proper handling and administering of the aid.
The instructors must have CPR Certification
Make sure that the instructors have undergone enough training for both delivering first aid and teaching the method of providing aid. As much as possible, it is better for the instructors to have the skills in disciplines such as basic life support, advanced cardiac life support, Pediatric Emergency Assessment, and Recognition and Stabilization. An instructor’s proficiency in these specific disciplines ensures that the students are provided ample information and techniques when aiding various types of people.
The training centers must have a good review
Visit the center’s website to see if the previous clients were satisfied with the quality of the training provided. Also, check if the website provides an adequate amount of information regarding the center since a transparent institution is easier to trust. As much as possible, the website contains pictures of the facility, and even of the staff.
The training center must provide the necessary tools for training
CPR training is not merely learning various medical concepts it also needs a practical approach to learn the proper administering of the aid. In order training, which is the following:
- Manikins or dummies. For a more realistic simulation of the aid, dummies are utilized to ensure that the right compression pressure is administered. Compressions must not be too hard or the ribs may break, while light compressions may not deliver enough pressure to pump the blood which is why the right compression must be provided. The dummies provided must have adults, infants, and child versions since the manner of delivery slightly vary.
- Ventilation Apparatuses. One common piece of equipment is a bag-valve-mask (BVM) that can be provided the needed ventilation for the victim. This device also protects the rescuer from any contagious disease since there is no direct contact with the victim. Despite the simple appearance of this device, a BVM is difficult to utilize.
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED). In order to restore the normal rhythm of the heart, an AED is needed. The proper handling of this portable equipment is important since the device is integrated with electric shocks. CPR training courses must teach the proper placing of the pads on the victim.
Make sure to take note of these when you search for a CPR training center. If you want to enroll at a CPR training center that is sure to cover all of the discussed aspects mentioned above, then enroll at American Health Care Academy.
With our certified professional trainers, we ensure that our students not only learn how to perform successful CPR but also other basic first aid procedures.