When a second rescuer is available to help, the duties are split amongst the two rescuers. The specific responsibilities are listed below:
- Rescuer 1 will begin to perform chest compressions (at victim’s side).
- Compress at least 2 inches (but no more than 2.4 inches deep for adults) at the center of the chest
- At least 100 to 120 compressions per minute in cycles of 30 compressions to 2 breaths
- Allow the chest to completely rise after each compression
- Switch giving compressions every 5 cycles or approximately every 2 minutes.