The Benefits of Being CPR Certified

September 25, 201720CPR Training

The Benefits of Being CPR Certified

September 25, 2017 20
Benefits-_-CPR-Certified.jpg

There are numerous benefits that accrue to an individual after getting CPR certification. Chief among them is the ability to save lives when there is need. Below is an elaboration of the immense need to get CPR education and certification:

• Power to Save Lives

As already stated, the greatest benefit of CPR education and certification is the gaining of an ability to jump into action in emergency situations and save lives. As per the American Heart Association, sudden cardiac arrest is the prime cause of death in adults, and a whopping 325,000 deaths through cardiac arrest are reported each year.

When these individuals who unfortunately succumb to cardiac arrest have the opportunity to access CPR education, they could start treatment immediately and increase the victim’s chances of survival by approximately forty percent. Physicians lament that for each minute treatment for cardiac arrest patients is delayed, the patient’s chances of surviving the ordeal are slighted by 10%. Therefore, the ability to deliver CPR to individuals urgently during emergencies means the difference between life and death.

• Quality Education

It is possible for an individual to scan pages of CPR literature and get a rough idea of what CPR is about; however, merely reading about CPR cannot adequately equip an individual as reliable during emergency situations. American Health Care Academy (AHCA) offers descriptive modules, examples, videos and a comprehensive quiz within the CPR training. AHCA also offers a hands – on skills assessment which is especially recommended for people certifying for the first time or people renewing after some time.

Moreover, CPR training boosts an individual’s employability. Employers may not state outright that those with CPR certification have an added advantage, but it is something many employers look for when scanning or interviewing applicants for their company or firm.

• Empowerment

This is another fascinating benefit of getting CPR certification. Individuals who acquire CPR training and certification often report feeling empowered and emancipated. They gain a certain level of confidence, especially since they now know the power of saving lives resides in their hands. They can apply this confidence in all areas of life- whether in the workplace or in the home. It is indeed a very powerful tool. Parents have reported feeling more equipped in handling their young children upon gaining their CPR certification.

Acting efficiently and quickly is in many cases the only way an individual can truly make a difference. Therefore, anybody who has time and a few coins to spare can enroll in a CPR class and get the requisite knowledge that can enable them to save lives whenever emergencies such as cardiac arrests and a host of other situations arise. It is truly liberating for one to know that there isn’t a time they’ll be out of their depth when it comes to saving lives. Act now and certify today.

20 comments

• Tiffany Locke

August 6, 2018 at 12:28 pm

I like that you mention how getting CPR training and certification can help people feel confident since they are able to save lives. This would be useful to make sure they know how to handle situations where people are chocking so that they could save a loved one or anyone else. In order to get the necessary training and certification, you’d probably want to look online and find a CPR class near your home so that you can fit it into your schedule.

• blog_admin

August 6, 2018 at 12:29 pm

Thank you for your response, Tiffany. We also hope more people get CPR certified in an attempt to save more lives.

• Tiffany Locke

January 12, 2018 at 5:03 am

• blog_admin

March 2, 2018 at 10:55 pm

• Ashley Turns

August 6, 2018 at 12:28 pm

Thanks for pointing out that when you get a professional CPR certification, you will be able to make sure you are reliable during emergency situations. Since I recently saw someone nearly choke in public, I have been wondering if it would be worth it to get a CPR certification. I will definitely have to get this sort of training so that I can be reliable if an emergency comes up.

• blog_admin

August 6, 2018 at 2:30 pm

We are happy to hear that you are seeking a CPR certification so you can be prepared in case of an emergency. You can enroll in our online CPR course here.

• Ashley Turns

March 2, 2018 at 12:37 am

• blog_admin

March 2, 2018 at 11:01 pm

• Hannah Neilson

August 6, 2018 at 12:28 pm

I never knew that being CPR certified would actually make you more employable. It would be smart to consider this kind of certification no matter what your job is because you never know when you will need to use it. I just graduated college and I’ve been having trouble getting employed. If CPR certifications help with, maybe I should look into a local service that will help get me certified.

• blog_admin

August 6, 2018 at 12:29 pm

Hi Hannah. Many employers require a CPR Certification before on boarding. You can get CPR Certified with us at cpraedcourse.com. Good luck.

• Hannah Neilson

April 26, 2018 at 3:25 am

• blog_admin

April 26, 2018 at 8:29 pm

• Amanda Drew

August 6, 2018 at 12:28 pm

I like how you point out that CPR training will help you be able to feel more equipped to handle their young kids once they’re certified. That’s something I’ve been thinking about because my husband and I have recently had our first baby. We want to be prepared for anything. So I think that it’d be good for us to find somewhere to get CPR training from.

• blog_admin

August 6, 2018 at 12:29 pm

Amanda, congratulations on your first baby. You can get certified online at cpraedcourse.com. Our courses are especially convenient for parents like you. Thank you.

• Amanda Drew

May 9, 2018 at 11:16 pm

• blog_admin

May 11, 2018 at 2:30 pm

• Heidi Bookenstock

August 6, 2018 at 12:28 pm

My son is in a scouts program and wants to earn a merit badge. I recommended that he became certified in CPR but he thinks there are other, cooler options. There are many good good points in this article about the benefits of first aid training, like the level of confidence one can get from having the ability to save a life.

• blog_admin

August 6, 2018 at 12:28 pm

We hope your son can see the benefits of getting CPR certified, and train with us online. He might like this option better since he can decide when to take the course, and work at his own pace. Thanks for your feedback!

• Heidi Bookenstock